Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I might need a get-out-of-jail-free card soon.


Here's a couple of the things I've been working on lately, or atleast major close-ups of them. The only two I'm not worried about spilling the beans on are my mom's scarf and (well, duh) my Christmas tree. Yes, there has been and underlying theme of greens and blues this season, but that's because the favorite color of a lot of the recipients happens to be blue and/or green. The other theme-- Noro yarns. I might even attribute the fact that I've been working with Noro to me being ahead of schedule. The beautiful color changes make me want to keep knitting so I can see what happens next!

I finished Mom's scarf today, save for weaving in one or two ends. Now it's onto the tea cozy.

In other news, I've been really good about being a wardrobe refashionista-- since August 1 (or really a couple of weeks before), I have bought only one item of clothing that wasn't for work, and I've been making things like crazy. Having said that, I'm really itching to do some shopping. I saw a dress that would look fabulous on me at Target, along with all kinds of fun gaudy jewelry. And I can always find super cute stuff on the sale racks at Old Navy. I'm slowly talking myself into the notion that, since I've been so good the last four months (not bad since I only signed up for two!), it just might be time to add a couple new things to the wardrobe. Plus, so many things have now become work clothes, what with being covered in paint and all. Maybe I can justify a tiny fall off the wagon?

No comments: