Sunday, December 24, 2006

Come on down, every Jane and Joe. Greet your sweet 'neath the mistletoe....

Work was nice and slow today, so I took off in favor of coming home. I feel like I should be working on those unfinished Christmas presents of mine, but since I know the recipients aren't getting them by tomorrow no matter how hard I try, I kind of just don't feel like it.

There is one possible exception to this and I should probably get started on it if I'm going to do it.

I've been pretty bothered/pissed off about something the last couple of days, but it's too long a story to write and frankly, really isn't any of my direct concern. Just something that's bugging me. Long story short, driving drunk is one of the quickest ways to make me not like you and possibly punch you in the face.

Otherwise, I am having a lovely Christmas Eve. Our new comforter is so plush and big and lovely that I find myself never wanting to get out of bed. E tried to get me up the other morning buy pulling the blankets off, but I always seemed to find more to wrap myself up in. Once E get's off work, we're headed over to my mom's for our long-standing tradition of ordering pizza and watching Christmas shows. We've got close to 30 different Christmas specials and movies, including some random and odd ones. Like John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together and Alf's Christmas (remember Alf?). I'm stoked cause I get to make cocoa using her Cocomotion. One of these days I'm going to get one for myself, but I know doing so will open up the floodgates on E's appliance habit. (If he had his way, we'd have a gadget for absolutely everything. Me? I'm mostly content with a blender, food processor, mixer, crockpot and Cocomotion.)

No comments: