Friday, December 15, 2006

Oh what a day.

I have done nothing but mix paint, scrape paint, and fight with computers today. The big painting project I have at work is a little more behind than I'd like it to be, but since there's not a deadline it's not a big deal. It's just that, as nice as having a project to focus on can be, I would just as well like to be done with it sooner rather than later.

Tomorrow marks the last day at work before my three-day weekend, which is set to include going to a birthday dinner with my boyfriend before we go see the Living End (yay!), baking lots of cookies (yay!), doing lots of laundry (meh), and knitting lots of stitches. I'm going to try to throw mailing christmas cards and making sachets and bath bombs into the mix as well.

Holy crap that's a lot of stuff to pack into three days. If half of that gets accomplished I'll feel good.

Maybe it was the super-windy weather we've been having, or maybe it was the realization that I had been screwing up a knitting project for about the last fifteen rows, but I was really restless last night. I stayed up watching Queer As Folk and reknitting the part of my project that I had been forced to rip out. Mittens don't exactly fit when there's now thumb hole increases, now do they?

There will be no early night tonight, however, as we have dinner plans with an old friend of E's, followed by some boozy fun with our little crew of miscreants. I doubt we'll get into too much trouble since we're not planning on staying out all night, but with our group of buddies you never know. All I know is, whenever I wake up with the kill-me-please hangover and a bunch of bruises, it always seems to be worth it. Hopefully I'll still say that when I'm old.

No comments: