Saturday, December 23, 2006

I find that I tend to write in this thing as one of the last actions of my day. A sum-up, if you will. This is definetely a drunk sum-up, but you can't win them all.

So here's some things that happened tonight, most of them at the cocktail party:

-I spent time with a good friend that I haven't hung out with in a while. I took it as a huge compliment when he told me that he loved me not just because of our friendship history and all we've been through, but because I was one of his "low-drama friends." It's sweet to hear that someone misses hanging out with you not only because they have an awesome time, but also because there's no aftermath. I'm always so glad when people recognize me for the traits I look for in others.

-I am starting to form some new friendships with people that I have always gotten along with and liked, but have never truly gotten to know.

-I am finding more and more that I like my new neighbor and her boyfriend.

-While I was on my lunch and waiting at a traffic light, the Clash's "Should I stay or should I go" came on, and I danced like crazy in my car. I realized, midst-dance, that the cars around me (or rather the people in them), probably thought I was being nutty, but I was happy, so fuck them.

Some friends never showed up tonight, and while one called and another one is known to do her own thing and/or flake out, the other two (who are two of my best friends and also dating) haven't talked to me tonight. Which isn't like either one of them. It makes me worry, since last time the boy talked to them they were in the midst of a fight. I love them both a lot, so I worry about their individual and collective happiness.

-I got to buy martini glasses tonight. I only owned one, from when the girls and I lived together, and it was piddly and sad. Now I have a set of six basic-but-awesome ones. The boy got to buy our new down comforter. For various reasons, it's a king size comforter even though we only own a full-size bed, which makes it huge. It does mean never having to worry about the other one stealing blankets.

-Tonight I wished that I was bold enough to say exactly what is on my mind at any given moment with no worry. I'm a gal who's pretty much known for telling people exactly what I think, but at the same time I can't leave a comment on one of my favorite blogs for worry that I will sound dumb.

I think that's it. Time for bed.

No comments: