Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Let the holiday craziness commence....

Yarn...check.
Beads....check.
Tea....check.
Patterns....check.
Movies....check.

All systems are operational and we are go for launch!

(Maybe it's the boy's influence, but I've definetely developed a thing for NASA slang.)

I spent a couple of hours today gathering supplies for Christmas presents and now I have the rest of the day to sit down and get to work. I think I managed to pick up everything I need for about five of the things I've got in the works.

I don't want to mention too much about what I'm working on, but I'm okay with talking about the ones for me mom. She's still not too internet savvy-- I just set up her first email account so that she could use Amazon, and then she screwed up her first order, so I'm not too worried about her finding/reading my super-secret craft blog. For her, I'm knitting a tea cozy a la Knitty, and a scarf. She knows she's getting a scarf, and she's been driving me crazy, changing what she wants every two minutes. So I'm just making her what I want to make, using one of the yarns she really liked. Personally, it won't be something I would ever wear (I HATE Lion Suede), but my anti-wool mother really liked the way the yarn felt and looked, so I'll put my own issues aside.

******


The penis hat has been fixed and finished. It still has a little bit of wierd decreasing going on, but there's not a whole heck of a lot I'm willing to do about it now.

(Also, I intentionally put up a blurry picture because I'm beginning to hate looking at pictures of myself.)



Enough jibber-jabbering! Time to knit!

No comments: