Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm thinking about buying into a CSA farm this year. I've been wanting to for the last few years, but I think I might finally be in a position to do so. There's about a half dozen local farms that participate in programs like this. The idea is awesome-- support a local farm while getting super-fresh veggies every week.

The only drawback is not being able to completely choose what I want or, more importantly, don't want. Some CSA farms give you a list of what they grow and you can specify what you don't really want to see in your share, but not all of them do and some of the customizable ones are way more expensive. Then again, even if I went with one that didn't, I wouldn't mind the challenge of finding new ways to cook and enjoy veggies I don't particularly like and in the worst case scenario, I could give them to our friends. After all, E and I seem to be the only people on the planet who think that mushrooms and onions are gross, and celery and I decided to see other people a while ago.

No comments: