Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Robots may break your heart. 


So far the epic winter that our meteorologists threatened us with throughout the fall has proven, depending on one's perspective, disappointing. We are experiencing only our second snowfall of the season, and by most predictions it will all be over and melting by tomorrow afternoon. As a person who grew up in tropical climates until late adolescence/early teens, I seem to have retained a child-like fascination with snow. I've even gotten to the point where I don't mind driving in it, though other drivers still scare the bejeezus out of me.

Hell, I have a love of snow that even a winter-related car accident two years ago and a week without heat at our old apartment hasn't diminished.

So in the interest of winter wishful thinking, I'm declaring tomorrow a SNOW DAY. As it stands, I'm a little in need of a recovery day anyway. A flare-up of a chronic knee injury combined with continuing to push myself too hard has left me sore and hobbling. Most of the pressing things have been taken care of, so tomorrow is going to consist of icing my knee, making Baked Potato Soup, and finishing about six projects that are in the "99% done" stage.

Finishing is my least favorite part of knitting. The knitting portion is done, but there are still yarn ends to weave in, buttons to sew on, or one little seam before it can be worn or used. In my mind, once I've bound off on something, it's done. Everything afterwards is just an irritating chore. Luckily, if I can get myself to sew on just one button, it's usually smooth sailing from there.

For now, though, I'm just going to watch the snow fall, and start knitting something else.

No comments: