Tuesday, January 04, 2011

My January list of...things.

I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions. I'm sure for some people they are a good idea. However, for folks like me-- the enthusiastic but easily distracted-- it just feels like setting oneself up for disappointment. Sure, I can tell myself that I'm going to stop eating fast food, take a picture everyday, or some other very grand endeavor, but inevitably I will slip up one day and be forced to face the giant letdown of ruining a year-long goal.

I also recently saw this TED video that explained why it's better to keep one's goals to oneself, so the life goal list I have in my head is going to stay there for the time being. My last "11 in 2011" is admittedly a goal of sorts, but since it's more of a nice idea that's subject to change at any moment, it doesn't really count in my book. If anything, I wanted to write it down so I could see exactly how it differed later, because again-- enthusiastic but easily distracted.

In the meantime, I've found yet another cool thing to add to my distraction: Iron Craft -- A weekly crafting challenge using different themes and materials each week. Complete commitment isn't required, but it seems like a fun idea that I could definetely get behind.



Edited to add: I did remember my one major New Year's Resolution-- to stop watching Lonely Island videos so much. It's time to let "I'm On A Boat" go.

No comments: