Sunday, November 07, 2010

Lazy Sunday.

Today has consisted of nothing but football watching and crockpot chili. I'm currently debating whether it's worth the effort to make cornbread as a side or just skip it.

....and now that it's been two hours since I wrote that sentence, it's pretty much confirmed that I'm skipping it.

After a few..... okay, six months of feeling a bit lost, I'm finally starting to get myself pointed in a direction as far as my life and career go. Up to now, I've been drifting along-- applying for jobs, contemplating the idea of going back to school while trying to sort out if it would hurt my unemployment status, feeling generally unsure of what my next move was, not knowing what I wanted to do but knowing I need to get out of the service industry. I'd been trying to figure out what exactly it was I wanted, but kept stuck with this overwhelming indecisiveness.

Over the last week or so, I've had a couple of important conversations with the people who love me and it may have finally been the kick in the pants I needed. It feels good to finally have a goal.

No comments: