Monday, February 22, 2010

You Are Not On the Recieving End of It All

So far, the Official Day One of Unemployment has gone thusly:

Make an awesome lamb-and-tomato scramble for breakfast... Check.

Sign the rest of my severance paperwork...... Check.

Put away all the gear from this weekend's camping adventure.... Semi-check. It's atleast out of the back of my truck.

Pick up a couple more skeins of yarn, thus guaranteeing I have enough to finish my sweater for the Knitting Olympics.... Check.

Watch atleast another hour of curling competition... Check.

Although I have commited to starting my spring cleaning in earnest tomorrow, I decided today was a chill out day. It's been so long since I've taken a day to deliberately do nothing without feeling terribly guilty about it, so scrubbing down my shower can take a backseat to sweater knitting for once.

Despite illness and numerous setbacks, I still have a glimmer of hope that I will finish my sweater by closing ceremonies. I'm about halfway done with the body, and keep telling myself the sleeves will go quickly. Then again, since I'm pretty much (once again) making things up as I go along, I suppose it's done when I say it's done!



Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments: