Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back in the saddle again.

I'm a little embarrased to admit that this is is what it took, but I finally got my incentive to get my act together, in more ways than one.

I was laid off from my job. Although I've had the news for a little while, I completed my last full day today. Other than a meeting and some paperwork tomorrow, I'm done with this thing and onto The Next Big Thing. Only problem is, I'm not quite sure what that thing is yet.

I find myself lucky enough to be in a position where I don't absolutely have to have a job tomorrow. The boyfriend and I have always lived well within our means so there's little concern about making ends meet while I'm unemployed. Knowing that, I decided to take advantage of my incredibly fortunate circumstance and figure out what I really want to be doing, as opposed to just grabbing onto just any job. I also count myself lucky that I have an understanding SO who supports this pseudo-walkabout I'm going on. Having been through the same thing three years ago (and coming out MUCH better for it), Eric knows that it's an opportunity to set my own course and not my way of being a SAHG (Stay A Home Girlfriend.)

So I'm getting my house in order, in both a figurative and literal sense. Everything I have wanted to do around my house but haven't had time for is on my list. This includes finally painting my bedroom, despite my boyfriend's color indecisiveness, and finishing my Rambling Rose cardigan. I'll be whittling down my refashion list and organizing our office within an inch of its life. And while I set about those tasks, I'll also reorganize my life.

I've mostly been telling myself this to avoid an OMGIdon'thaveajobandI'mscaredtodeath freakout, but I'm really beginning to think this could be the best thing that ever happened to me.

No comments: