Friday, May 16, 2008

The meteorologists were finally right for a change. By the time I left work, it was sunny and warm and actually felt like May. As I drove home, I got all nostalgic, remembering how, starting right about this time of year, we'd have "porch parties" when it got too warm and too nice to stay inside, but going somewhere else felt like such a chore. So Eric and Shannon and Myra and I, along with a revolving cast of characters in the form of various friends, would hang out on the stoop in front of the apartment, drinking blender drinks and watching the day fade.

I no longer have a porch, or even much of a stoop, or quite frankly anything that resembles a good sitting spot,* but the impromptu barbecue tonight felt like one of those times. Nothing renews the spirit after a shitty couple of days (more on this later) like raspberry dacquiris, fresh grilled corn on the cob, and sitting around the table telling funny stories. Thank God spring/summer is finally here.

*We have been known to use the parking lot a time or two. Meh, atleast I have a really pretty welcome mat.

No comments: